Tuesday, March 5, 2013

HOW TO ALTER A SONG WITHOUT ALTERING A SINGLE MUSICAL NOTE FROM THE SHEET MUSIC

First I'm listening to Slayer's original version of the song Raining Blood and then I listened to Tori Amos' cover of the same song Raining Blood.  And yes, it's hard to believe the two versions of the same song came from the same sheet music.  I'm saying that because the two versions couldn't be any more different.  Yes, it's the same sheet music.  The music notes never changed.  Simply by shifting the song from uptempo to downtempo makes all the difference in the world.  I never knew that Tori Amos was a fan of Slayer, but apparently, she knew enough about the band to record her own version of the song and make a slow moving balled out of one of their best known tunes.
And as I'm lost in thought about rock and roll, here are some photos of Jessica Chastain.












No comments: