Tuesday, January 6, 2009

ANOTHER DAY IN COLUMBUS, OHIO

Ohio State University lost the Fiesta Bowl. I don't really watch football much. I only watch football games if there wasn't anything better on television. I used to attend Ohio State University football games in the early 1990's, but I haven't done so recently. The lack of money is one reason. The lack of time is another reason. I also like to watch baseball games. I don't know anything about the football or the baseball players. I'm more of a casual viewer. I also watch women's gymnastics and figure skating competitions any chance I get.
I considered joining the track team when I attended Highland Park High School, but eventually chose not to do so. I was a member of the track team at Rockbridge High School for a year. I came last place each and every time, but I had fun. It was fun to visit other schools in Missouri. I didn't join any athletic teams during my endless years as a college student. My decision to join the track team despite not being fast enough was inspired by my grandfather. Grandpa was hanging around the track when he thought somebody was chasing him. He ran with fear and realized later that he wasn't being chased at all. Rather, he defeated the fastest runner in the track team. So he was offered a chance to join the high school track team and he did so. According to my grandfather, Max Victor Kaplan, he was one of the fastest runners in the track team. however, even if you don't win any track and field competitions, running and jogging is great exercise.

No comments: