Thursday, September 2, 2010

SO BEGINS THE EIGHTEENTH MONTH OF MY RESIDENCE IN CLEVELAND, OHIO

I'm an unpublished novelist. I tend to follow the belief that a person should only write about things they know about. I once thought about writing a fifteen volume literary novel series entitled PARKING LOT WARS. However, I'm not sure how you could make parking lots interesting for fifteen individual four hundred and twenty page novels. Though I have a drivers license, I don't own a car. Since minimum wage employment is my only source of income, I can't afford to wreck a car once a month, every month for fifteen year non-stop. Therefor, a fifteen volume series with each volume entitled PARKING LOT WARS would be a subject I have no knowledge or understanding of.
Still, there are plenty of things for me to write about. Since I'm not likely to get published by a big name publisher, it won't matter what subject my unpublished novels ends up taking. Most of the general audience isn't going to know that I exist anyway. I'm not trying to sound sour. I'm trying to be realistic. Most big name publishers don't consider my unpublished novels marketable. No reason was ever given. It's hard to get a specific reason from a general form rejection letter. I write unpublished novels for recreation and relaxing.
I still have plenty of things to keep me occupied. I have United States Government college tuition assistance debt to repay. I'm still hoping to graduate college with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. I'm working minimum wage at Mr. Hero Restaurant. Life is good.

No comments: