Tuesday, May 8, 2012

COMIC BOOKS

I don't read comic books.  It's not just because I don't have anywhere to store them.  I stopped reading comic books during the second year of my residence in Lexington Park Apartments in 1998 and I had all the room to store the comic books in.  It's also because talking about comic books isn't much of a conversation starter (Unless you're talking about comic book films).  Plus, comic books tends to be expensive.  It doesn't look expensive because of the cheap price on the cover.  However, comic books tends to be a slippery slope.  A person buy one issue of a comic book series per month, you end up buying them all before the year is through.  Before the person knows it, there's a giant pillar of cardboard and paper.  Not only is it a fire hazard, it's also unsightly.  Plus, comic books tends to have the same plot---Twenty-two pages of non-stop fist fights without much attention to actual police procedure, plot, storyline, character development or a supporting cast.  Plus, unemployment forces me to spend my unemployment compensation wisely because I don't know how long my unemployment compensation is going to last.
As I thank GOD above that I'm not purchasing comic books anymore, here is a photo of Kate Bosworth and Victoria Justice.

No comments: