Saturday, October 19, 2013

DISCO

Nobody brags about being addicted to disco anymore.  I was still in elementary school when Disco became popular in the 1970's and I was in junior high when disco came to a crashing and abrupt end.  And in between there was plenty of disco songs to be heard on the radio.  However, being in elementary school meant that I was never able to go to any of these so called disco clubs.  Well, I was living in the suburbs of Chicago at the time and I never saw any of these so called disco clubs in the suburbs of Chicago.  I'm not sure if Chicago, Illinois ever had any disco clubs at all in the first place.  Disco clubs may have been a Los Angeles, California thing, but I didn't see such a thing in the suburbs of Chicago.  Still, I was still in elementary school at the time the Disco craze hit the music scene so what did I know.  All I know is that I never met anybody wearing a polyester leisure suit way back in the late 1970's. 
Vacation getaway of the day:  Sterling Memorial Library Yale located in New Haven, Connecticut.  Also recommended is Heceta Head Light, Florence, Oregon.  Let's not forget Nagoya, Japan.  Another great place would be the Sackville Waterfowl Park, Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada.
And as I'm lost in thought about disco music, disco albums and disco performers, here are some photos of Cher Lloyd.










No comments: