Sunday, December 11, 2011

DECEMBER CONTINUES WITHOUT SNOW

There were snow on the ground, but it all melted.  There's mixed feelings about that.  On one hand, I'm glad because I won't need to shovel the driveway.  On the other hand, I'll miss out on ice skating, sledding and skiing.  Ok, I won't be able to do those things even if it was snowing because I'll be too busy filling out job application forms as part of my job hunt.  Also, there are no mountains in the entire state of Ohio.  As a result, skiing would be out of the question.  I've been out of practice with skiing for so long, that I'll need to start with the begining slopes even though I'm intermediate skill level.  Anyway, it's not snowing so the famous Cleveland, Ohio lake effect snow hasn't taken effect.  There's still roughly two and a half months left in Winter.  Snow is still possible when you take that into effect.
What else is there.  Well, this is the first year since 2003 that there hasn't been an installment of the SAW film series.  Every October from 2004 to 2010, there has been a SAW film installment.  However, there were no SAW film at all for the entire year 2011.  I'm was never excited about torture chamber horror films.  Such story telling concepts is something I never understood.  As a result, the loss of a SAW film for 2011 was actually met with excitement and jubilation.















































































I'm not sure how I went from snow to badly made horror films.  While I'm trying to figure out my weird trail of thought, here are some photos of actress and science fiction novelist Amber Benson.  Amber Benson's biggest claim to fame was she played Tara Maclay on the television series BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER.  I always enjoyed her career as an actress and I look forward to reading her books too.

No comments: