Sunday, December 18, 2011

IN CELEBRATION OF WEARING EYEGLASSES

I just cleaned by eyeglasses.  I have nearsighted vision.  In other words, I could only see things close, but I can't see anything far away.  I didn't wake up and choose to be near sighted.  Near sighted vision was something that I was born with.  When I was told that I needed eyeglasses to correct my vision so that it would be twenty twenty, I was devestated.  I didn't want to wear eyeglasses because only nerds wear eyeglasses.  However, now that I've worn eyeglasses since fifth grade of elementry school, I never want to wear contacts or have eyeball surgery ever.  I started off wearing those clunky plastic eyeglass frames, but I've moved on to wearing metal eyegass frames.  So now I can see things far away as well as seeing things nearby.  That's a good thing.  Having proper twenty-twenty vision not only will help me in minimum wage labor, car driving and bike riding, but it gives me a unique distiction.  Not much people has the unique opportunity to wear eyeglasses except maybe Buddy Holly, Lisa Loeb, Ingrid Michaelson and Janine Garofalo.  So here's to people who wears eyeglasses in public and is proud of it.  I shall wear my eyeglasses with pride because I now have perfect twenty twenty vision.

























Oh yes, here are some photos of film actresses Drew Barrymore and Ellen Page.


No comments: