Monday, November 26, 2012

REGARDING GLASS AND SAND

I still find it hard to believe that sand is used to form glass.  I mean, you can't see through sand, but you can see through glass.  Ok, I can't just grab a fist full of sand, heat it up and I made myself a brand new window.  It's a very special form of sand called Silica Sand that's needed to make glass.  And there's a few extra steps beyond the use of Silica Sand.  Gentle Reader, don't ask me why Silica Sand is needed to make glass because I don't know enough about chemistry to respond.  Somehow the chemistry works better when glass if made of Silica Sand than it would be with any other form of sand.  And I don't know if it's possible to see through Silica Sand or if Silica Sand is the same as sandbox sand.  I mean, how many types of sand are there anyway? 
Anyway, while I'm lost in thought about sandbox sand and glass windows, here are some photos of rock stars and actresses Aly (Alyson) Michalka and her identical twin sister AJ (Amanda Joy) Michalka.









































 






Leighton Meester with either Aly or AJ Michalka along with three friends of theirs

No comments: