Thursday, August 2, 2012

WHAT SEARCH ENGINES TURN UP ABOUT MYSELF

So it goes like this.  Simply as a lark, I typed in www.soso.com, the Chinese Government approved search engine.  I typed out the name Steven Post Hitchcock (That's my name by the way), and punched the enter key.  Nothing resulted from the search.  I'm on www.Yahoo.com.  Photos that I downloaded on www.blogger.com and my www.livejournal.com can be seen on www.yahoo.com.  However, nothing attributed to me can be seen.  There's lots of entries about Alfred Hitchcock.  There's lots of entries about Steven Spielberg.  The Chinese are nuts for their films.  There's lots of entries about Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.  I guess Alfred Hitchcock, Steven Spielberg, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck are safe for Chinese Communism, but I'm dangerous and toxic to Chinese Communism.  There's nothing regarding me.  Did I hurt the Chinese Government's feelings in one of my previous blog entries.  I can't imagine a government blocked me out as being potentially dangerous.  I guess I'm not compatable with facism after all.  The below photos were found while searching my name on the Chinese Government approved www.soso.com in the photos section of the search attempt for my name (Which turned out to be futile).  I'm not sure where these photos came from and who these photos are depicting.  The photos are interesting though and is considered safe for the Chinese Government.  Gentle Reader, I'll leave the analysis in your more than capable hands. 








And this search started so innocently.  I heard from the news that Chinese badminton player Yu Yang retired from badminton on www.tencent.com.  She was expelled from the 2012 London, England Summer Olympic Games for trying to lose the game on purpose.  Four women on the South Korean badminton team, two women on the Chinese badminton team and two women on the Indonesian badminton team were expelled from the Olympic Games for trying to lose the Olympic badminton competition on purpose.  I thought that reading Yu Yangs's microblog account would be fascinating since Yu Yang was one of the eight women expelled.  I tried to find Yu Yang's tencent microblog to no avail.  There was a link to www.soso.com instead.  So my quest for Yu Yang's microblog on www.Tencent.com may never be realized. 

No comments: