Friday, June 17, 2011

FRIDAY MORNING IN CLEVELAND, OHIO

Meanwhile, in Cleveland, Ohio, Jane Leeves, from left, Betty White, Wendie Malick and Valerie Bertinelli were given the keys to the city. It was because of their employment as cast members of the television sitcom Hot in Cleveland that the keys to Cleveland, Ohio were given out. Still, it afforded the four women the chance to enjoy a brief vacation in this city. Cleveland, Ohio Mayor Frank Jackson was giving out the keys to the city to the four women.



I remember Jana Leeves from the sitcom series Frasier. Betty White is from the sitcoms Golden Girls and the Mary Tyler Moore Show. Valerie Bertinelli is from the sitcom One Day at a Time. Wendie Malick is from the sitcom Just Shoot Me. I wasn't there. These photos were pulled from the Cleveland Plains Dealer newspaper archives that I found online. It's great to see Cleveland, Ohio getting some positive publicity from the entertainment industry from time to time. I was busy going job hunting that day. I'm still not employed, but I'm not giving up. I know I'll be employed again. I never thought that I would be unemployed for four months. However, the recession won't last forever. I'm convinced that the recession will end someday. Anyway, I'm still filling out job application forms.

No comments: