Thursday, March 8, 2012

BARE TREES AND COLD WEATHER

I keep forgetting that I'm only on this Earth for a short time.  I only have sixty-four years left before I turn one hundred years old.  I know that sounds like I got a lot of time.  However, time has a habit of moving quicker than anybody can anticipate.  I'm already forty-four years old.  The question ends up becoming, what have I done with the time that's been given to me.  What can I do with the time to make it more productive.  I didn't enroll for college classes at Columbia College in Columbia, Missouri (1988 to 1989), Columbus State Community College (1990 to 1992), Otterbein College (1992 to 1995), Ohio State University, (2001 to 2002) and Franklin University (2003 to 2009) as a self destructive element in my life.  I enrolled into college because I foolishly thought that college classes would help lift me out of minimum wage employment into a better income bracket.  I got tired of always living on the razors edge of homeless vagrancy and wanted to make a difference in my life.  I didn't realize that all the time I spend in college has done nothing to improve my employment prospects---But rather may have done a lot to hinder my employment prospects.  I was foolish to believe that college was supposed to make me a better man---Not make me a more horrible person.  So now all these college classes have lead to more minimum wage jobs to apply to.  What happens next?  I don't know.  I'm just as confused as you are.

While I'm busy filling out job application forms, here are some photos of film and television actress Elizabeth Banks.








No comments: