Wednesday, March 28, 2012

GRASS, GRASS, GRASS, GRASS

How did people mow the lawn befor electric lawn mowers?  Oh yes, there were the manual lawn mowers that needed to be pushed.  Oh yes, I worked one of those.  I'm not sure if it were in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois, Columbia, Missouri, Upper Arlington, Ohio (Part one) or Muirfield, Ohio that a manual lawn mower was used.  It was short lived.  Don't get me wrong, it's great exercise to use a manual lawn mower.  However, electric lawn mowers are easier and more efficient.  However, what happens if we run out of gasoline?  Would a solar powered lawn mower be sufficient?  Would we go back to manual lawn mowers?  I shudder at such a thought.  However, gasoline will run out someday.  Without alternative fuel, running out of gasoline would be catastrophic.  I guess that day won't be today.  It will be a problem that the future generation will have to worry about.  As long as we're all dead and turned to dust, what difference does it make weather the future generation suffers from our mistakes.  However, right now, I'm thankful for the gasoline powered lawn mower.  It may not be there tomorrow, but I'm going to enjoy it today.












































































































































While I'm getting ready to mow the lawn this weekend, here are some photos of rock star Hayley Williams (Lead singer of the rock band Paramore).

No comments: