Saturday, October 6, 2012

THOUGHTS ABOUT THE PASSAGE OF TIME

If the 1980's was the new and improved version of the 1950's and the 1990's was the new and improved version of the 1960's, then what about the year 2000 and beyond?  The year 2000 and beyond is difficult to pin down in a predetermined category.  I mean with the World Trade Center being destroyed forever, A second war in Iraq and a war with Afghanistan, global warming, the Great Recession and hopefully the Great Recovery, it's a miracle the United States of America managed to survive at all.  Well, I'm employed at Red Lobster Restaurant as a dishwasher.  So my life is getting better.  And the year 2030 is only eighteen years away.  The year 2040 is only twenty-eight years away.  Let's see, I'm forty-four years old right now.  I'll be sixty-three years old in the year 2030.  I'll be seventy-two years old in the year 2040.  I'll be one hundred years old in the year 2068.  However, we're putting the cart before the horse Gentle Reader.  Let's focus instead on surviving the year 2012 before we start to worry about the future.
As I'm lost in thought about the passage of time, here are some photos of film actress Mary Stuart Masterson.





























No comments: