Monday, October 1, 2012

THE START OF A BRAND NEW WEEK

And so the week starts again.  It's not just the start of a brand new week, but it's the start of a brand new month too.  Once again it's time for Halloween.  I probably won't get much of a time to trick or treat.  I'm either going to be working minimum wage washing dishes at Red Lobster or I'll be handing out candy to trick or treaters.  That's ok.  At the age of forty-four years old (And soon to be forty-five years old roughly five months from now), I'm too old to go trick or treating.  I'm only six years away from turning fifty years old.  I'm only sixteen years away from turning sixty years old.  I'm not watching the clock.  I'm just noticing that time has a habit of moving quickly when you least expect it.  I know that the time that I spend on Earth will be brief.  I only have one hundred years maximum to get it done right.  I don't want to wait until I'm ninety-three before I suddenly chose to be a decent human being for the first time ever.  That's not the legacy I want to leave behind.  I want to be known as somebody who was decent and humane consistantly throughout all the years of my life.
And as I'm lost in thought about the passing of time, here are some photos of film actress Mary Stuart Masterson.











 
 







 
 

No comments: